Friday, July 3, 2009

Back to the Movies--Fired up!

Alrighty then, I had set this blog aside and decided not to bother with it until the ladies in my writing group insisted that I quit wussing out and actually start keeping up on my blog again.

My hubby and I watch movies...lots of movies and this will be the place that I discuss them and make recommendations regarding them.



Last night, the name of the game was "Fired Up" a semi-spoof of cheerleading movies in which the main characters, a couple of star football players, skip football camp to join up with the cheerleading team for the primary purpose of chasing women at the camp.



As is the way with all romantic comedies, there are lessons to learn and love to be gained, but what really makes this movie stand out is the writing. The actors are decent and the spoofing of cheerleading mvoies is great, but the thing that stands out in this movie is the dialogue.

The dialogue is witty and quick. The actors are funny and the mocking of "Bring it on!" is stupendous. And, for all its good work as a spoof movie, the athleticism that the movie depicts in cheerleading is pretty darn good. As a Netflix rental or for an adult movie night I'd definitely recommend it, but keep it away from kids unless you want to explain the concepts of hooking up and anal beads.

No comments: